Bike City is the largest dealer of adult trikes and recumbents in the state of Arkansas.
The many reasons recumbent cycles are preferred over traditional uprights include the following:
· Spreading your body weight over a much larger area than on a conventional bike explains "recumbent comfort".
· A much more comfortable seat means less back, neck, shoulder, and posterior pain and none of those unnecessary trips to the urologist.
· No wrist pain from bearing your weight.
· Smaller frontal area means better aerodynamics which have allowed recumbents to set every bicycle speed record.
· The heads up position lets you enjoy the scenery instead of the grit on the road.
· In the event of an accident, there is a shorter distance to fall and the rider will fall feet first instead of head first.
· The high seat back allows you to leverage more pedal power by pushing with your back against the seat. Human power is maximized under these conditions.
· The feet up position is more physiologically efficient because the body can circulate blood more effectively, providing more oxygen to the muscles.
· They are virtually impossible to flip forward (endo).
· They attract attention.